Where is K2 SmartObject Tester in K2 Appit?
K2 blackpearl ships with the K2 SmartObject Tester tool that allows you to configure and run everything to do with K2 SmartObjects. It is a vital element of K2 development and administration. This tool gets installed in the bin folder under the K2 blackpearl program files directory and is a thick client application.
K2 Automated Testing Software
BenchQA allows full test automation of K2, including fully automated K2 SmartForms and K2 Workflow testing. It promotes test driven development for K2 and ensures continued quality assurance for K2 solutions. Easily apply changes to test cases to accommodate changes to K2 apps and ensure all apps are regression tested to avoid defects and assure continuous quality.
K2 Appit is cloud based and you don’t have access to this folder in order to use the SmartObject Tester tool. There is an equivalent tool that is web based and it allows you to do the same things as the K2 SmartObject Tester.
How to open K2 SmartObject Tester in K2 Appit
1. Open up your SharePoint Online site where K2 Appit is installed.
2. Open the K2 Appit App under Site Contents
3. Under Management, click on K2 Management
4. Click on SmartObjects and a list of all the SmartObjects will load on the right hand side pane
5. Expand the SmartObjects node if you wish to see the Service Instances, Service Types and SmartObject Security configuration
How to execute a SmartObject method in K2 Appit
1. Click on the SmartObjects node and in the right-hand side window, click on the SmartObject that you want to execute
2. Click on the Execute button
3. Select the method and provide the input properties
4. Click on execute.
5. The data will be displayed under the Results tab