Velocity IT Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Environmental Policies
Last updated: August 10, 2022
Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
1 . Purpose
We recognise that the delivery of our service has a direct impact on the environment and local community and that we have a responsibility to be a good neighbour, a good employer and a responsible consumer of resources.
We undertake the following in order to contribute to our community and mitigate our impact on the environment:
Our responsibility to our Employees
- To support and encourage employees to be involved in charitable activities within the local community.
- To ensure that employees have the opportunity to realise their full potential and have the tools necessary to develop and grow through training, both compulsory and optional.
- To operate an open door policy allowing employees to raise any concerns with line managers and HR and to ensure that employees are not victimised for doing so.
- To ensure that each employee’s traditions and beliefs are respected, and encourage and promote diversity throughout the organisation.
- To maintain communication with employees so as to ensure this and all other policies are actively exercised.
- To encourage employees to ‘think outside of the box’ and offer suggestions as to how any policy or process can be improved.
- To reward employees for hard work and innovative thinking should the idea help in the running of the business.
- To protect each employee or supplier from third parties who may become abusive; this includes customers, suppliers and the general public.
- To ensure that employees protect and do not misuse company assets only use them in an appropriate manner as set out in the employee contract.
- To make certain that all employees are aware of the impact that we as a business and they as individuals have on the external environment.
- To support and understand employee well-being, ensuring staff are encouraged to maintain an appropriate work-life balance.
Our Business responsibilities
- To minimise our usage of electricity by ensuring all electrical appliances, where possible, are switched off at the end of each day.
- To adhere to all relevant legislation surrounding our industry and, where necessary, will seek legal advice in order to ensure honest trade.
- To support charitable initiatives that align with company values to be reviewed annually through the CSR strategy.
- To compete fairly within our industry.
For more information about the Company, please visit our About Us page.
- To comply with the Bribery Act 2010 and any amendments made to such legislation and acts.
- To make certain that no employee working on behalf of the Company shall accept or offer a bribe.
- To put in place necessary procedures in order to adhere to the Bribery Act 2010. Please see Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy.
To maintain that no employee shall accept personal gifts from customers or suppliers. If any employee is unsure as to whether what they are being offered constitutes as a gift then they are to refer to the company’s Corporate Gifts and Hospitality Policy.
5. Conflicts of Interest
To instil on our employees that they must respect the privacy of each member of the company. Each member is encouraged to avoid any activities which could conflict with their responsibilities to the company. Please see the Company’s policy on Relationships at work for further guidance.
To ensure all employees adhere to the legislation included in and surrounding the Data Protection Act 1998. Please see the company’s Data Protection Policy.
To maintain a safe working environment for all employees and also a safe consulting environment for clients. Please see the company’s Health and Safety policy for further guidance.
- To have a separate Environmental Policy which addresses all issues surrounding this area. We are committed to delivering on all of our individual targets.
- To utilise technology throughout our processes to reduce our paper usage and reliance on natural materials and resources.
- To suppress our requirement for energy by reducing case duration and operational processes.
- To constantly strive to provide efficient, value for money, high quality and dependable services to all customers.
- To ensure all employees are to act in an honest and professional manner when dealing with all customers.
- To make sure all employees remain aware that they are being trusted with highly sensitive information and must not break the trust that our customers, suppliers and company as a whole have in them.
9. Supply Chain
- To maintain working relationships as they are key to the success of our business.
- To ensure that the individuals who we outsource to are not in breach of any legislation surrounding their profession or our industry as a whole.
10. The Local Community
- To create employment opportunities for the local community.
- To be aware that our business affects our local and wider community whether as employees, customers or suppliers so we are constantly striving to build partnerships in order to create positive change.
- To ensure that the building is safe at all times to ensure the security of data and staff.
- To ensure that our IT systems are well guarded and secure for the security of data.
- To provide a safe working environment for all employees and a safe examining environment for all customers visiting us.
- To create equal opportunities for all employees. Please see the company’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- To ensure all members of the company will not discriminate against colleagues or employees as per, but not exclusive to, the protected characteristics as detailed in the Equality Act 2010. Any instance where an employee is found to be non-compliant with this section 13.2 will be treated seriously as this will not be tolerated.
- To ensure all recruitment will be fair and consistent to each candidate. Please see the company’s Recruitment policy.
- To ensure that any employee who feels that they have grounds for complaint must follow the company’s grievance procedure which is accessible to all.
We are committed to minimising the impact of our daily operational activities on the environment. Throughout our business we will meet or exceed all environment legislation that relates to the Company.
2. Minimise Waste By
- Accepting that although paper is still necessary for business use, we will aim to ensure that only critical documents are printed.
- Ensuring that all confidential paper is shredded and recycled through our contracted paper disposal company.
- Providing for all non-confidential paper along with card, plastic, tins and cans are recycled through our contracted refuse company.
- Recycling all used printer toners, and in turn, use previously recycled toners.
- Evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible, utilising technology to further reduce any operational waste.
- Actively promote the recycling of waste both internally and amongst customers and suppliers where possible.
3. Improve Our Environmental Performance By
- Raising staff awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving the Company’s performance.
- Measuring our impact on the environment and setting targets for on-going improvement.
- Conducting the majority of the business electronically via email and system links to reduce the need to print letters and produce waste.
- Raising awareness, encouraging participation and training employees in environmental matters.
- Reducing the amount of energy we consume through the introduction of energy saving schemes.
- Utilise the best technology to facilitate the most convenient appointments for clients, in order to reduce travel distances and lower emissions.
- Communicate all environmental aims and objectives to employees and external stakeholders.
- This policy is the basis for our on-going environmental focus and will be used to measure and support any activities that are undertaken in order to reduce our operational impact.
These policies were approved by the board of directors.