Excel Export in Mendix
Exporting to Microsoft Excel is an important day-to-day requirement of many business users, however, in Mendix there is presently no out-of-the-box feature that allows you to directly export to an Excel file. This blog will describe the process of configuring a 3rd party control that will give the ability to export Mendix data directly to Excel.
To achieve this functionality, please follow the below 10 steps.
Open Mendix Modeller and open the project that you’d like to add the excel export to.
Open the App Store by clicking on the shopping trolley icon in the top right corner:
Download Mx Model reflection:
Download Microsoft Excel exporter:
Create a new dashboard page and name the below two pages as follows: ‘Excel_Document_Overview’ & ‘Mx_Object_Overview’
Access your dashboard and follow these steps to configure the Mx_object_overview:
- Click on ‘MxObjects_Overview_Page’ Navigation:
2. Select your Modules on Mx objects overview page:
3. Click ‘Click to refresh’ button below ‘Synchonize all entities and microflows of checked modules on the left’:
4. Select the entity from list of entity:
Follow these steps to configure the Excel_Document_Overview
- Go to created dashboard Page . Click on ‘Excel_document_Overview’ Navigation.
2. On Excel document overview page click ‘New’:
3. In pop up window ‘New Template’ Please enter File Name , select the Input object ( Entity Name) and click Save and Next.
4. Select ‘date time export format’ in tempalte and create a new worksheet – click ‘New’ to create a worksheet:
5. Enter a worksheet ‘name’ and select ‘row object’ (entity name):
6. Add ‘Column data’ – Click on ‘New’ button in ‘Column data’ tab:
7. Add Column data by taking the following action:
- Column Number – Start from 0 to N
- Name – Enter name of column
- Retrieve type – set to Attribute
- Select attribute – select the correct attribute
8. Add vew column – Repeat step 7 to add another column manually.
Select ‘Excel export’ to download the file:
Call ‘Generate Report’ microflow from ‘XLS Report’ module:
Click on ‘Excel export’ to download the file:
- CONGRATULATIONS – YOU NOW KNOW HOW TO EXPORT EXCEL FROM WITHIN MENDIX
Thanks for taking the time to read this blog, we hope you found it useful? Need further technical advice or support on Mendix or other low-code developments, get in-touch with one of our experts…
Synergy is brought to you by our Technical Experts at Velocity IT, it provides low-code developers a knowledge base of intelligent and creative solutions, built and implemented on real-time projects.
© 2018 Velocity IT Ltd