How to use HighCharts controls in K2 SmartForms (with EXAMPLES)
In this article, we will learn about how to use the HighCharts controls in K2 SmartForms.
HighCharts controls can be downloaded from the K2 Community site.
Registration is required to view the full article. Click here to register FREE…
Before using the HighCharts control, you need to register it to make it available in the K2 SmartForm designer.
First, extract the folder and copy the HighCharts control DLL from bin folder
The control can be registered either using the Registercustomcontrol batch file or can be registered manually as below
(DLL Location: VS Solution – K2Field.K2Forms.Controls.Charting\K2Field.K2Forms.Controls.Charting\bin\Debug)
- Manually copy K2Field.K2Forms.Controls.Charting.dll to the following directories:
- K2 Designer server: C:\Program Files (x86)\K2 blackpearl\K2 SmartForms Designer\Bin\
- K2 SmartForms Runtime server: C:\Program Files (x86)\K2 blackpearl\K2 SmartForms Runtime\Bin\
- Register the control using controlutil.exe
- The controlutil.exe can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\K2 blackpearl\Bin
controlutil.exe register -assembly:”C:\Program Files (x86)\K2 blackpearl\K2 SmartForms Designer\bin\K2Field.K2Forms.Controls.Charting.dll”
After registering the control, you should be able to see the Charts controls in K2 SmartForms designer under K2Field.K2Forms.Controls.Charting section.
As of now, only five HighCharts controls are supported in K2 SmartForms. They are
How to use the HighCharts control in K2 SmartForms
Please login or register to access the full article.