Software Automation Developer – UK – Immediate Start
Role: Software Automation Developer
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Education: B.Sc (Bachelor of science) CS or IT, Engineering or MCA (Master of computer application)
Velocity IT have an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Full Time Software Automation Developer based at their Head Office in the heart of Milton Keynes. Velocity is a UK-based company that specialises in providing customers business optimisation solutions using cutting edge technologies.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual that is passionate about maintaining and managing the software and hardware portfolio of a modern software development company.
As an industry leading IT services provider, Velocity IT prides itself in the delivery of high-quality software solutions for many prestigious clients, worldwide and as such the successful candidate will be hardworking and committed to this cause. This role will be based in the Velocity IT office in Milton Keynes, UK. As part of the role international travel may be required.
Requirements of the Role
As an intermediate .NET/Automation professional the successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing cuttung edge busienss process automation solutions for an impressive portfolio of clients.
The Software Automation Developer will have the following duties:-
Participate throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using an agile methodology, including requirements-gathering, designing, scoping, estimating, developing, installing, testing and deploying .NET / Automation based application projects using (but not limited to) the following automation and low-code technologies:
- Primary: K2, UiPath & Microsoft Technologies
- Secondary: Mendix and MatsSoft. Future training will be provided for these technologies
- Completing, maintaining and processing pertinent engagement-related communications and records.
- Managing scope around projects (small and large).
- Documentation of technology implementations.
- Work with onshore and offshore staff.
- Execute tasks as per design and development methodology.
- Contribute to library of internal and customer-facing technical content including blogs and technical articles.
- Conducting independent technical research using company supplied tools, databases, knowledge bases, etc. in order to find solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Configuring and developing custom code using Microsoft .NET technologies that allow the product to meet the business needs of the customer.
- Daily communication with staff.
- International travel might be required, with any costs being covered by Velocity
Skills & Experience
- Experience with .NET, K2, UiPath, SharePoint and MS SQL.
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or proven on-the-job application development experience.
- Strong .NET development skills.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies. Experience with integrating disparate systems or network infrastructure and security preferred.
- Significant architectural design and application development experience.
- Experience with integrating disparate systems.
- Ability to understand project scope and set out tasks that need to be performed to accomplish this scope.
- Understanding of network infrastructure and security (TCP/IP, DNS, Active Directory).
- Business process/workflow analysis and/or training experience a plus.
- Project management, team leadership and mentoring experience a plus.
- Strong in-person and written customer communication skills.
- Strong PC skills required, including use of standard MS Office applications.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to provide hands-on guidance in a team environment/