Innovation Internship x 2 – Velocity IT – Milton Keynes, UK
Role: Innovation Internship x 2
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Education: Degree in IT (or related) or be working towards completing one.
Term: 3-6 Months with potential of FTE
Applications Close: 30th June 2019 / Start Date: Mid-July 2019
Salary: National Minimum Wage
An exciting 3-6 month internship for two creative, intelligent and self-motivated IT developer interns who are passionate about technology and innovation, and have the ability to think outside the box, work well within a team and generate new ideas. Velocity IT is a UK-based company that specialises in providing customers business optimisation solutions using cutting edge technologies.
This is an excellent opportunity for IT graduates looking to take the first step in their career, joining a passionate, high energy and motivated team. Based in the heart of Milton Keynes and within walking distance of the train station, this internship offers students and graduates the chance to work on developing world-class Business Process Automation (BPA) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Solutions. As one of the successful interns you will be a part of the Velocity inCUBEator – an internal innovation hub.
Why choose Velocity IT for your internship?
The Velocity IT internship will offer students/graduates the opportunity to gain experience from the following:-
1) Working with the UK Development Team to deliver on-going projects, giving the successful interns the opportunity to gain professional, hands-on experience. The successful students/graduates will help to design, build and roll-out IT solutions for Velocity IT’s extensive client base.
2) Experimenting and innovating with state-of-the-art technology (machine learning, AI and IoT devices etc.) as part of the internal innovation hub and contribute to developing new, exciting solution offerings.
What will you be doing?
Working with the Development Team to deliver on-going projects, giving you the opportunity to gain professional, hands-on experience. The successful students/graduates will help to design, build and roll-out IT solutions alongside the Indian, South African and UK development team.
Upon completing the internship at Velocity IT, interns will be in an advantageous position to pursue a career in any IT-related field.
For exceptional interns who have displayed outstanding effort there may be the possibility of permanent roles within the company as developers focusing either on project delivery or on technical innovation within the inCUBEator.
- Creativity and an innovation-oriented mindset
- Currently in your final year of study or a recent graduate in IT, Computer Science or Software Engineering (or other relevant related degree)
- Fundamental software development skills preferred
- Must be project and goal oriented, with high attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and math skills
- Be a team player
- Have a passion for innovative and emerging technologies
- Have a working knowledge of one or more of the following: C#, Java or C++.
- Have a basic understanding of SQL and either MS SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Be highly motivated and able to work on own initiative.
Start Date: Mid-July 2019
Applications Close: 30th June 2019
The staged application process will be as follows:
Stage 1: CV and Cover letter detailing why you would be a great fit for the Velocity IT Internship Program to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stage 2: Online ability tests, short essay (500 words) on innovative technology in the business world (to be completed within 5 days of receipt).
Stage 3: Telephone interview with the Recruitment Team.
Stage 4: Video interview with the Line Manager.