Velocity IT Ltd. is an Information Technology company that delivers advanced business systems to major companies across the globe. We are technologically innovative and client focused. Our solutions are world class and we also have an impressive and advanced solution and product offering.
We are looking to employ an Intelligent Automation Developer on a permanent basis in our Milton Keynes office to design and develop cutting edge business process automation solutions for our customers.
- Participate throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using an agile methodology, including requirements-gathering, designing, scoping, estimating, developing, installing, testing and deploying .NET / Automation based application projects using (but not limited to) the following automation and low-code technologies:
- Mandatory: K2, UiPath & Microsoft Technologies
- Secondary: Mendix and Netcall. Future training will be provided for these technologies
- Completing, maintaining and processing pertinent engagement-related communications and records.
- Managing scope around projects (small and large).
- Documentation of technology implementations.
- Work with onshore and offshore staff.
- Execute tasks as per design and development methodology.
- Contribute to library of internal and customer-facing technical content including blogs and technical articles.
- Conducting independent technical research using company supplied tools, databases, knowledge bases, etc. in order to find solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Configuring and developing custom code using Microsoft .NET technologies that allow the product to meet the business needs of the customer.
- Daily communication with staff.
- International travel might be required, with any costs being covered by Velocity
- Experience with .NET, K2, UiPath, SharePoint and MS SQL
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or proven on-the-job application development experience
- Strong .NET development skills
- Understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies. Experience with integrating disparate systems or network infrastructure and security preferred
- Significant architectural design and application development experience
- Ability to understand project scope and set out tasks that need to be performed to accomplish this scope
- Understanding of network infrastructure and security (TCP/IP, DNS, Active Directory)
- Business process/workflow analysis and/or training experience a plus
- Project management, team leadership and mentoring experience a plus
- Strong verbal and written customer communication skills
- Strong PC skills required, including use of standard MS Office applications
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to provide hands-on guidance in a team environment 2 x references required