Velocity IT Ltd is an Information Technology company based in the United Kingdom with an offshore presence based in India, that together deliver advanced business systems to major companies across the globe. We are a technologically innovative and client focused company which is under-pinned by a team of uniquely talented engineers who love to learn,
experiment, and push the limits of modern technology. Our solutions are world class and we also have an impressive and advanced solution and product offering.
We are a process automation consultancy rather than a software vendor, therefore, we focus on a customer’s business needs first. Then we select the most suitable technologies and deliver these in an agile, collaborative way that accelerates time to value.
Due to company growth, we have a brand-new position and are looking to employ a Senior/Lead Intelligent Automation Developer on a permanent basis to design and develop cutting edge business process automation solutions for our customers and lead a small team within India. This position offers the candidate an excellent opportunity to join a strong and growing development company and to be able to grow and enhance the offshore development team.
Professional Skills Required
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or proven on-the-job application development experience
- Good low code programming expertise with working experience in all, or a number of: K2/Nintex/Mendix/Microsoft Power Apps/UiPath
- A good working knowledge of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- .NET development skills an advantage
- K2/Nintex/Mendix/Microsoft Power Apps/UiPath development experience Develop the technical design approach
- Development and deploying production systems on K2/Nintex/Mendix/Microsoft Power Apps/UiPath platforms
- 5-8 years’ experience in development and solution implementations
- Significant architectural design and application development experience
- Understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Understanding of network infrastructure and security (TCP/IP, DNS, Active Directory)
- Follow Standards for Code Quality, Performing code reviews, conventions and process defined
- Experience with integrating disparate systems or network infrastructure and security preferred
- Ability to verify project successes by doing requirements verification, and
- maintaining functional tests further contacting stakeholders to coordinate and manage activities to get a sign-off
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Should be able to create Software Requirements Specification Documents, and Functional Requirements documents
- Should be able to document projects in a variety of formats including Word documents and Visio diagrams.
- Produce and review Technical Documents
- Should be able to plan, build, and conduct demos to stakeholders
- Strong PC skills required, including use of standard MS Office applications
Team Leadership Skills
- Team leadership and mentoring experience an advantage
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department
- Ability to assign tasks based on each team member’s skills, review developers’ work to ensure high Company standards are met on all projects.
- Ability to multitask and work under project deadline pressures is essential.
Desired Candidate Profile
- An excellent problem-solver / solution provider / innovative thinker / creative designer
- Reliable, dedicated and diligent with the desire to pay attention to detail
- Willing and passionate to learn new technologies as well as effectively support others in training and development
- Curiosity and a desire to learn
- Team player and leader
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, while giving guidance in a team environment
- Keep up to date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
- Reporting directly to the CEO, you will have the opportunity to work for an
- established UK based technology company with an outstanding business reputation for over ten years in the Low Code development marketplace.
- Professional, International and multi-cultural, exposure
- Opportunities for future potential relocation to the UK under sponsorship
- This is a working from home position with a complete remote working day
- It is imperative that any candidate MUST have a suitable working from home environment with excellent WIFI and a dedicated and quiet working area
- The working area must look professional for all internal and external video calls and be without distractions
- Smart business dress will be required for external business video calls
- Standard hours are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday between 8.30am to 5.30pm with 1 hour (unpaid) for lunch each day. There may be the need for some infrequent weekend or evening work to meet deadlines and Client requirements.
- You may be required to do some international or overnight travel.
- Holiday entitlement is 18 days per annum, plus 10 official bank holiday days agreed from a list of Indian Bank Holidays
- Probation period is 6 months. During this period, we will assess your progress
- You will receive a formal annual appraisal that will take place during March to April each year